Welcome to the Department of Commerce
Commerce Education is that branch of learning which develops the required knowledge, attitudes and skills for successful conduct of Trade and Industry. The speed at which commerce education is currently expanding in this area is in itself a testimony to its growing acceptance as a source of awareness and development of skill. Commerce Education covers diversified fields of education and research in different aspects of business environment. It includes Finance, Marketing, Accounting, Human Resource Management, Entrepreneurship Development, Commercial and Business Law etc. Commerce education can be easily concluded that it is helpful in one’s life as well as vocation.
I welcome all aspiring students to choose this field if you have a genuine interest in these subjects and have an affinity for numbers, the economy and business.
Dr. S. Arockia Baskaran
Empowering students to climb up the Social Ladder through value based Commerce Education.
- To train the students with required levels of competence for employment in both domestic and global markets.
- To give a global perspective through value based education for social transformation.
- To Inspire and empower the students to become innovative leaders, contribute to the success of organizations and betterment of communities.
- To inculcate a sense of civic responsibility, social commitment, and moral accountability among the students through social activities.
- To train them with required skills for self-employment.
- To prepare students for higher education in Commerce and Business Studies.
About Department of Commerce:
The Department of Commerce is one the five academic departments founded when this college was established in 2013. Commerce is one of the most sought after course in the college. The department currently offers three year under graduate and two year post graduate programmes viz., B.Com. & M.Com. The Bachelor programme was started in the academic year 2013-14 and Masters Programme in Commerce is offered from the academic year 2017-18.
The department strives to create students who are academically strong and socially committed. The students in the department are provided ample opportunities to exercise leadership skills, demonstrate their vision, and empower others.
- Lakshmi [M.Com., M.Phil., B.Ed.,]
- Ravikumar [M.Com., M.Phil., B.Ed.]
- Dr. S. Jamuna [M.Com., M.Phil., Ph.D.]